Search Archives
Browse Archives
Meet the Experts
Ask a Question

Funeral Service Profession


I have been interested in something to do with the dead. I was wondering what kind of schooling I'll need?

If it is funeral service you're interested in, you'll need to be informed about the individual state requirements in the state in which you would like to practice. Each state varies, but most require at least a high school diploma plus an associate's degree from a college or university as well as mortuary science school.

Most mortuary science school programs are about a year in length. The requirements for being a funeral director versus a mortician or embalmer also vary. Hope this helps.--David R. Shirley

Funeral Planning | Grief Support | Ask the Experts | Locator Guide | Obituaries | Products and Services | Search
About Us | Privacy Policy | Legal | Contact Us | Site Map | Link to | Home

© Copyright 2001-2003, Aurora Casket Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved