Search Archives
Browse Archives
Meet the Experts
Ask a Question

Whom to Contact First When a Loved One Dies


Who is the first to be called, other than family members, after a person dies at home from natural causes - the ambulance, the funeral parlor or the pastor?

If your loved one has died, contact 911. (However, if your family is using hospice services, contact your hospice nurse). Once your loved one is pronounced dead, then contact the funeral home you will be using, to transport the body. As for a pastor, it is really up to you whether you would want a clergy member on hand before your loved one is transported. However, it is always best to contact emergency services first. - Ed.

Funeral Planning | Grief Support | Ask the Experts | Locator Guide | Obituaries | Products and Services | Search
About Us | Privacy Policy | Legal | Contact Us | Site Map | Link to | Home

© Copyright 2001-2003, Aurora Casket Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved